Friday, July 20, 2012

Dudley the Dinosaur

years ago, sometimes on a Saturday morning, I would see these animated commercials featuring dinosaurs talking about the importance of good dental care. The star was a green boy dino named Dudley, and I thought his commercials were fun and cool. Though these days, you seldom see them on tv. Anyway, I caught onto Dudley and was looking for merchandise of this catchy mascot character, maybe a fun picture with a costume of him? Finally my opportunity came during our town's annual summer street fair. It was located in the business section, where there were booths from various companies and organizations. I came across a booth of the ADA and saw the Dudley.
I had mentioned to the woman in the booth on how much I was a fan of Dudley and asked kindey for some of the things in her booth. I got two Dudley the dino activity books and a few dental samples. It was then that it was late in the afternoon, and upon passing the booth from a distance, I had then began to ask her a question. Immediately she yelled at me angrily and told me to get away from her. She was extremely rude to me. But I did manage to get the Dudley samples. I also found out from the ADA website that they have Dudley merchandise as he's the official spokes dino of this organization. However I thought that you had to be in a dental business to order the merchandise, but the minimum for the order is 100 at just a little over a $1.00 per copy.
I don't think I would want to order 100 copies and spend over $100.
I feared that the same woman who yelled at me would be there the next year. She wasn't thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment