Saturday, November 5, 2011

Christmas Bells

When Christmas time came, I always listened to my Christmas tapes. Mostly they are of Organ and Chimes and handbell choirs which I love to listen to but are very rare to find. Well as you know, tapes don't really last very long, and even upon making a back up, it  just doubles the problem. So one day upon cleaning up my apartment and getting rid of old things, I  got rid of all my tapes as they were very old and probably were worn out. One of my all time favorite Christmas tapes that I threw out was called Christmas Bells which was seen on an infomercial in the 1990's by The home Shopp inc. I had loved it as the bells were of an orchestrated hand bell choir and sometimes mixed in with a concert and singing choir. I had a few all time favorite songs like Jesu Bambino. But knowing that transfering tapes to cd was illegal, I tore up any attempts I had done to transfer it to Cd. I had remembered that there was a Cd version of it as shown on the infomercial, but I didn't have a cd player back then as it was a new media.
      So I had regreted throwing it out and missed it dearly, so I had searched the internet for a year or so trying to find the cd version which is out of print. Then one day, I got lucky and found it on Ebay, and I bought it on the spot without any competition. I was soo happy and it only costed me about $6.00 or so. I was eternally grateful as my Christmas will be merry as the Christmas bells shall ring once again. Now the only other ones I have to try and find are "Robert Rhimes Christmas Organ and Chimes, Berkshire's Bellringers, and the old tradtional Christmas Organ and Chimes ( the one that somehow reminds me of a nursing home for some reason) But they are all great  to listen to even as background music while opening the Christmas presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment